Monday, December 9, 2013

Rain's Reviews: Scrapped Princess

Scrapped Princess by Ichiro Sakaki


15 years ago, a set of twins - girl and a boy - was born to the king of Linevan. Shortly after their birth, a prophecy foretold that when the girl turned 16, she would bring about the end of humanity. To avoid this fate, the king ordered the princess disposed of. She miraculously survived, and now she has turned 15.
~

Review

I thought I’d like this book. I really, really did. It sounded mysterious with adventure. Exotic almost. But it ended up being extremely boring, confusing, and dreadful. Perhaps if you enjoyed anime this would be better but I’d have a hard time believing it. The events were cramped together with little explanation and by the end of the book you are confused and annoyed.

One of my biggest complaints is the author tries to tell you what is going on or tries to explain the symbolism in every little action but it’s really just choppy and feels more like she thinks I’m to dimwitted to figure out what is going on on my own. 

So if you want to take a hugenormous risk or like iffy japanese pop books then I suppose it’s one to pick up but I will not be reading this again nor the next thirteen.

~Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment