Thursday, June 20, 2013

Rains Review: AnguiSH by Lila Felix

AnguiSH by Lila Felix


AnguiSH

Synopsis

Anguish was the status quo, until she walked in.
Breaker James Collins is confined in a prison of his own making. Scarred doesn’t begin to define his hell since finding out his girlfriend had cheated, stolen, and lied two years ago. It led to a single event—one that would blacken his days and his nights from then on. Since then, he hasn’t left his house, crippled by fear of people and any social interaction.

Ashland talks too much and has the voice of a meth-laden prairie dog, or so she’s always been told. She’s been called annoying and irritating all of her life and gave up on having friends for a long time. College has given her a new lease on a social life and she’s embraced who she is. But now she’s waiting for the one guy who can take her breath away and put up with her antics. 
A simple note pinned to a corkboard will lead Ash right to Breaker’s solitary world and she will learn that just because a guy doesn’t fit her ideal, doesn’t mean she won’t fall head over feet in love. ~Goodreads


Review 


Have I ever mentioned how much I love Lila Felix? Well I do, I have read every single one of her books except Hoax (if one of y’all is feeling generous I wouldn’t object ;) lol ) and I have absolutely loved and adored every stinking one of them. I have even started using some of Nellie’s words.
Let me set the scene: I am riding down the road on the way home and hour and a half after dance because we had to go to target “real quick”. So here I am scrolling through facebook when I see the buy link to AnguiSH and the words “It’s live!” let me tell you those are the two best words a book nerd will ever see, am I right?
Anguish was bought at 10:30pm that night and finished 3:30 am that morning.
Breaker James. The man afraid of people. The man scared of change. And the man who doesn’t know how to help himself. Sounds like a basket case right? Well though he is in need of a good hard kick in the patooti he isn’t all bad and you really grow attached to him ;). He has his jerksh moments but you can’t give up :).
Ashland is such a sweetie pie topped with determination. Even when she is dealt a hand if shiznitty cards she still goes strong. Ashland isn’t someone you have to grow to like. She is a great joy from the beginning and her past doesn’t hold her back from getting involved where she is needed. She talks- a lot- but it isn’t annoying. When she gets off on her tangents its so cute and you just love her a little more.
The book was great, it went through all the ups and downs of the relationship. It was honest, I think that is one of my favorite things about it. It wasn’t all unicorns and rainbows all the time. You saw the good sweet parts but you also saw the human side of the relationship.
"We finished the yard and admired the glory for a few minutes. If he said dinner and DVD were the plans for the night, I would have to clock him in the jaw."
Ashland and Breaker. The unlikely couple work together and separately to help themselves to end up together. They are such a sweet and funny couple. And even when the book ends you know they won’t :).
~Rain
~~~
I pointed a finger at him, "Hey! Stop with the pervy nuances. If I can't do it, then you can't do it."
He slunk behind me and whispered, "See what you did there. If I were a smart a** pervert, I would say, it's fine baby, we can do it together. 

I feigned distress at the sight of his infamous motorcycle, "Oh the Harley, should I bow or kneel or do I have to say some secret chant before I get on? I mean, I don't feel worthy."
~~~
Links:
Twitter
Facebook
Lila Felix's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment