Monday, August 5, 2013

Rain Reveiw: Mythos (The Descendants #1)

Mythos (The Descendants, #1) Mythos by Vrinda Pendred
Just before Stephen died, he left a note.
And the note read: Don’t let them get my children.

Itzel Loveguard has a secret. The stories she can’t seem to stop writing...sometimes they come true. And now she thinks she may have killed her own father.

But she’s not the only one. Her estranged half-brother Oz and his unfailingly charming friend Seth can do things too. And so can the handsome grey-eyed boy, who seems to have stepped right out of Itzy’s dreams and has been travelling to London in search of the mysterious black pulse.

Suddenly Itzy finds herself in a strange new world of magic and mythology. And she and her new friends are all in grave danger…because the Ancients are coming for them.~ Goodreads
~~
So here I am- sitting and after finishing six books in as many days and I still have another day or two to go on my trip back home I end up scrolling through my kindle and remember this one. So I open it up and I’m hooked. The first sentence is, “The grey-eyed boy flew down the M6 at unnatural speeds.” I mean, who can resist that? I know I can’t! So I read, and read, and read, until 5 hours later I am throwing my iPhone across the car in frustration because the book is missing and ending and I have no idea when #2 is coming out.

Vrinda Pendred had managed to ensnare me into this world of abilities and magic. I recently put away a book filled with all new mythologies and fantasy worlds because it was too confusing., and I liked my current views on the magical realm of fiction. But The Descendants managed to pull me into yet another world that I have gladly added to my collection of fantasy universes.

Itzel Loveguard- Itzy- is the heroine. Scratch that. She is the amazing heroine. Itzy has successfully placed herself on my favorite female list. She is strong and powerful, being a descendant of a powerful race with magical abilities will do that to a person. She has common sense (inner squee), and she is brave, which she has to be to deal with psycho ex-girlfriends and evil family members. She had a tendency to be a little too trusting but it hasn't come to bite her in the butt, yet. She has had a bad and relatively lonely childhood but she doesn't let that slow her down in any way. If anything it helps here put the bad things that happen behind her and she can keep moving forward.

Ethan is so freaking marvelous you cannot keep from loving him. And if you can then you are obviously not human (or female). I have been waiting for a good romance and I have found it! But more to the point; Ethan is special. He is more powerful than anyone can fathom, he is controlled, and smart. He has amazing powers that makes the Avengers look like child's play. He is passionate, decisive, and he is thoughtful. He hasn't had the best childhood but all that time alone allowed him to master his powers and shaped him into the leader he is today. Ethan also has a vulnerable side. There are moments in the book when he shows a different side of him that makes him more relate able and that much better.

The book follows quite a few people, Itzy, Osiris, Seth, Vendri, Ethan, and Melody and if you are paying attention the jumping around POVs aren't hard to follow. This book and series is filled with mysteries and questions that leave you chomping at the bit for more. There isn't too much going on at once which is nice because the question that I’m stuck with are large enough by themselves. So much greatness in so little time leaves me with only one question left to ask, “How much longer must we wait in agony until the second book comes out?”

~Rain

"Uh-huh," said Devon, "and I'm from the future. Can't you tell from my fashion sense?"
"I like her, " Seth told Itzy, "She has a better sense of humor than you."
"Great," Itzy mumbled. "Remember to invite me to the wedding."

Goodreads
Amazon
Vrinda Pendred's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment