Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Striking by Lila Felix and Rachel Higginson

Wednesday has got to be the most depressing day for bookish people. Because if you think about it, today is the day that everyone reads and thinks and writes about all the books they can’t have yet. I mean seriously! Can you say depressing?  But I guess I shall go with the status quo and tell you of the book I am currently unable to obtain.

Striking by Lila Felix and Rachel Higginson


Striking
Can two hearts be forged into one?

Cami Montgomery stole a car and smashed it into the front of a building in upscale Beverly Hills after a lousy date with the epitome of sleaze balls. The worst part, her parents are following through on threats after this latest plea for attention. Banished from her L.A. paradise and plunged into the Appalachian Mountains with her industrious aunt and uncle, Cami is about to find out how precious life really is.

Stockton Wright has been thrust into a hard life. He sacrifices everything to give his family and community what they need. He’s exhausted from life and work—and he’s only twenty four. What he needs is some change, and some sunshine. Even he will agree to that. He just doesn't expect to find it in a stuck up, pompous, entitled Californian.

Cami bursts into Stockton’s life like wildfire, consuming all his thoughts and tangling him in her web. What starts out as a contentious rivalry evolves into a desire neither of them expected. When hammer meets metal, will they crack under pressure or be forged as one?

Cami and Stockton might just end up being exactly what the other one needs, but first their love will have to be drawn out in fire.~Goodreads
~~~
As I have stated time and time again Lila Felix= must read, But I have never read and Rachel Higginson before and after I caught wind of this book I went total stalker mode. So after reading through her blog and drooling over some books that have now been added to my TBR list I am jubilantly awaiting the release of the Contemporary Romance that is sure to keep me up and reading till the very last page.

What do ya’ll think of my pick? What books are you anxiously awaiting?
~~~
Lila’s Blog
Rachel’s Blog
Goodreads

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen this one before, but it looks very intriguing :)

    ReplyDelete