Saturday, March 30, 2013

Review: Dizzy


Dizzy by Nyrae Dawn and Jolene Perry
  Dizzy Dylan doesn’t do relationships. He and his older brother watched their dad go through hell and back, so they made a pact years ago—no girl would come between the Gibson boys. But his brother sells out. He's getting married anyway. To the sister of a chick Dylan met at a party, who's probably the angriest girl he's ever met. Unfortunately, she happens to be hot, too.

Ziah’s life is upside down—her safe boyfriend turns out to be not-so-safe, and now her sister is getting married before college is over to the older brother of a spoiled, party boy who drives her crazy. And also makes her heart beat too fast.

There’s no denying the attraction, but there's also no denying how much they irritate each other. When they’re thrown together as forced wedding planners, they find an ally in each other--neither wants this wedding to happen.

But instead of putting a stop to the crazy nuptials they find themselves at fittings and cake testing. And maybe even…a few dates?
Dizzy is a novel about what happens when two people who are determined not to fall in love, maybe do anyway. Maybe. -Goodreads
~~~
Dizzy, dizzy, dizzy. That is exactly what I was after all the back and forth. And I’m not talking about the switching POV’s, which I enjoyed.  I am not talking about the witty banter between the characters in the book that gave the book comedic relief because I didn’t a whole lot of that. No, I am talking about the “do I like her?” argument that could rival the Grinch’s indecision about whether or not to go to the party.
Ziah (awesome name) is forced to endure a wedding she is against while planning it with a beer- spilling- to-cute-for-his-own-good-blue-eyed-egotistical-party-boy whom she can’t stand. Or that’s what she tells herself anyway.
Dylan. The youngest of the Gibson boys is sucked into planning his brother’s wedding that he gets sick just thinking about with said brother, the bride to-be, and the sexy-moody sister of his brothers fiancée whom annoys the crud out of him. Or so he tells himself.
See where I’m going with this? The book was properly named to say the least. The problem is I understand it all. I get the need of the indecisiveness and the arguments they had for staying apart were legit reasons but it was still frustrated. But I guess that just means that means the authors did a great job, huh? I got emotionally involved in the character lives and I was just as spent as they were when the book ended. 
The story was original. It was well written and had well rounded characters and a seamless plot. The authors did a good job and it was definitely a unique idea. If you don’t mind hot-cold relationships with hair pulling out and the sometimes necessary yelling of, “Stop over thinking it and just kiss her already!” then this book is definitely for you ;).  
~~~
Just for fun I decide to press him further and reach across the car, putting my hand high in the inside of his thigh. We swerve, dylan curses and pushes my hand away.
  "Did I distract you?" I tease as I poke his cheek. 
  "Always," he mutters. 
It was worth leaving the bar just for this. 

   "Sigh..." She replies. 
I don't get why girls do that. Why do they say sigh? Why not just, I don't know, sigh?

No comments:

Post a Comment